Tipi & Bell Tent Camping holidays at stunning Lake District locations
Nomad Events provides Tipi & Bell Tent glamping holidays located in campsites in the beautiful surroundings in the Lake District. Camp in comfort and style at one of our campsite locations or choose your own location and we bring the Tipi or Bell Tent to you… Suitable for couples and families looking for a fun, alternative Tipi or Bell tent camping experience in Cumbria and the Lake District.
Our friends at Sykeside Camping Park & Rydal Hall Campsite or at your own location anywhere in the Lake District National Park and South Cumbria. If you would like to camp in a Traditional Indian Crow Tipi or classic British Bell Tent at any of our partner campsites please get in touch. Alternatively we will come and setup a Tipi or Bell Tent on a campsite or location of your choice.
For Tipis or Bell tents at Sykeside campsite call: 01539 242424
The Lake District - A stunning backdrop for an amazing Camping Experience
Ullswater Valley - Sykeside Camping Park
This beautiful site, nestled just over Kirkstone Pass from Windermere and Ambleside, has been carefully laid out to blend with the breathtaking surroundings of Fairfield and Dove Crag, and provides a wide variety of locations for camping across the Park. Sykeside is a very natural feeling place and offers a true 'outdoor' feel. A perfect site for your Tipi or Bell tent camping holiday.
We set up our Tipis & Bell Tents on a camping pitch ready for your arrival at Sykeside Campsite. You will need to prebook with us to confirm your Tipi or Bell Tent availability.
Located In the heart of the Dovedale Valley, surrounded by Dove Crag, Hart Crag and Fairfield and with Brotherswater and Ullswater nearby, Sykeside is an inspiring location for Lake District camping, offering stunning views and surrounds. Sykeside Camping Park has all the facilities associated with a modern campsite and more!
Onsite Facilities Include:
- Modern shower and toilet facilities that are well located They are regularly cleaned to ensure a high standard is maintained. Hot water is not charged for but may run cool for a time during very busy periods.
- Shaving sockets and power points are available in the shower block
- Laundry and drying room
- Dish washing area
- 19 electric hook-ups with hard standing for camper vans
- Well-stocked shop caters for the majority of campers' needs with fresh provisions, camping equipment and supplies, maps and guides
- Meals are available on the site at the Barn End Bar or the Brotherswater Inn
Beautiful Lake District Tipi & Bell Tent Camping
Ambleside- Rydal Hall Campsite
Rydal is smack bang in the middle of the Lake District, located between Ambleside and Grasmere. There is lots and lots on offer only a stone's throw away. Wordsworth’s cottage, Rydal waterfalls, red squirrel & wildlife walks, Beatrix Potter attractions, Loughrigg tarn, Grasmere gingerbread, Lake Windermere, Wray Castle, Langdale Pikes, Helvellyn, …. the list is endless. There are great facilities on site including a newly built toilet/shower/washing-up building, riverside cafe, formal estate garden and community garden. All powered by a new hydro-electric turbine installed in 2015.
- Renewable energy powered hot showers
- Washing up facilities
- Riverside Cafe
- Woodland and waterfall walks
- Arts trails
- Red squirrel watching
- Walking distance to Ambleside and Grasmere
- Bus stop with transport links in all directions
- Electric hookup is not available
It is hard to imagine a more central Lake District location for your holiday. Rydal Hall is a real gem - quiet and peaceful yet easy reach of most attractions such as Tarns Hows, Coniston, Keswick, Honister, Langdale etc
Tipi & Bell Tent Bookings
Our Tipis and Bell Tents are set up as and when they are needed so please Contact Us for availability and pricing.
Choose your own Lake District Camping location
Tipi & Bell Tent Camping at your chosen location in the Lakes
With many stunning locations to choose from, we will arrange for Tipi tents or Bell Tents to be setup at a location of your choosing. No need to worry about packing the tent, Nomad Events’ camping team will do the hard work. We'll have a tent ready pitched for you to enjoy on arrival at your selected Lake District location. Treat yourself to an easier camping experience this summer, with fun for all the family, or couples looking to enjoy the great outdoors.
Recommended Lake District Locations
- Borrowdale valley
- - there is so much to explore in the Borrowdale valley which follows the path of the river Derwent from Seathwaite to Keswick through Grange and Derwent Water
- - home of the famous record-breaking water speed craft Bluebird, and the Old Man of Coniston. Also a real hub for outdoor adventures on the lake, in the Ghyll, on rock, in the forest and up the mountain
- - the Lakes’ 2nd largest body of water (after Windermere), Ullswater can be explored by steamer, canoe or on foot. Helvellyn classic walks also start near Ullswater from Glenridding and Patterdale
- - at the northern end of England’s largest mere (lake) rests the beautiful village of Ambleside with a plethora of things to do and see nearby. Wander around Loughrigg, hike up Wansfell, enjoy coffee and cake in the Rattle Gill cafe, cruise across to Wray Castle, watch a film in Zefirrelis cinema
- - a town built on the wool trade from Herdwick and Rough Fell sheep, Kendal is also know for its Mint Cake. Well worth visiting for a nosey round the old narrow streets and courtyards/dd>